A bit about me, my qualifications, my life and my goals.
- Level 3 Diploma in reflexology
- Certificate in conception reflexology
- Certificate in maternity reflexology
- Certificate in aromatherapy
- Certificate in indian head massage
- Second degree reiki practioner
- Diploma in hypnotherapy
- Diploma in curative hypnotherapy
- Diploma in NLP
- Certificate in stress management
- Relax kids coach
I always wanted to be a teacher. I had planned to go down the normal route of GCSEs, A levels, University etc. Then, beginning when I was just 15 years old, my world turned upside down. I suffered a period of prolonged illness and eventually a diagnosis of the debilitating disease M.E. I spent long periods of time bed bound and with such brain fog that I felt I wasn’t even ‘here’ anymore. My dreams of teaching disappeared.
Over the coming years I had times where I was almost normal, I trained and qualified as a dental nurse, met my husband and had 2 beautiful daughters, then worked in pre-schools, play groups and after schoolclubs. I also became a child minder. As the children grew older and started full time school I had a little more time on my hands. I leapt upon the chance to undertake a Natural Science Degree with the Open University, with a view to becoming a Secondary school teacher. It was going to take six years plus, but the end reward was worth it! During this time I began working for a school (The PACE Center) for children with cerebral palsy and other complex needs. Here I learned so much about how amazing our brains and bodies are and how plastic and maleable they are! with work, we can learn or re-learn different ways of thinking and doing which will have a huge impact on our lives. Then the M.E strikes big time and I have to give up everything in favour of my bed, constant pain and brain fog.
Fast forward almost a year. I recovered enough from that major relapse to go back to work two days a week at PACE. I loved it so much there, everyday was an inspiration. I wasn’t able to pick my degree back up but I constantly crave learning and knowledge so I started looking into self help, hypnotherapy, holistic pratices and so on. I knew that I wasn’t going to be able to stay at PACE as, although much improved, I was still quite unwell. I decided to undertake lots of holistic training with a view to starting my own business, a business that I am passionate about that allowes me to work around M.E.
Since then I have had another major relapse with M.E, but I am a fighter and I won’t be beaten! Infact I am grateful for this current relapse as it has given me time and clarity to see my true path. I will still be a teacher, but a teacher of a different kind. I will teach by sharing my knowledge and experiences, I will teach what I have learned! Every contact I have with a client, or indeed anyone, is an opportunity to teach and learn, I will always continue learning.
Happy blessings ~ Donna
- No advice given, or posts made should replace seeking advice from qualified professionals such as doctors, lawyers and counsellors.
- Reiki or Reflexology should not be used as an alternative to seeking medical advice.
- The success of a treatment or healing is dependent on self healing which I aim to facilitate. As such I cannot guarantee whether or not it will be successful.
- All information given during readings is for entertainment purposes only.
© 2015 by Donna Anstead. Raindove Reflexology